Brian D. Bodker
Brian D. Bodker
Brian Bodker is a founding member of the firm who has practiced as a business and transaction attorney for over 35 years and is also a non-practicing Certified Public Accountant. He has extensive experience in advising “middle market” companies (annual revenues in the $5M to $250M range) and “large market companies” in various industries including business and consumer services, professional services, health care, manufacturing, and technology in various transactions and situations. These include structuring and funding their corporate and other business entities and the related ownership arrangements (and includes creating and advising on effective governance (board of directors) for entrepreneurial and privately-held business organizations), buying and selling business units, and structuring and documenting employment, supply chain, supplier, customer and strategic relationships and agreements and licensing and regulatory requirements.
Brian’s (and the firm’s) direction and approach is focused on probing and collaboratively identifying the real issues and problems facing the client and finding unique long-term solutions. This pragmatic approach is always client focused and provides both cost and time effectiveness. Accordingly, Brian works closely with his clients to understand their businesses to avoid or limit downstream disputes, liabilities and exposures including review of compliance with federal, state and local laws and to plan and take steps toward ultimate sale, disposition, or refinance of those businesses. His experience is crucial in finding cost effective solutions for clients. Brian also provides counsel to United States affiliates of entities based outside of the United States.
Brian has lived in Atlanta since 1971. He is a lifetime golfer, enjoys traveling, fitness, and staying active in the community and with friends.
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- J.D., University of Georgia – School of Law
- B.B.A., University of Georgia – Terry College of Business – Accounting
- American Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Atlanta Bar Association – Tax Section (Board Member and Past Chair)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Standard Club (Past Board Member)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Mastering the Language of Finance, Speaker – Ascent Conference, May 2017
- Start and Manage a Successful Business, Instructor – Emory Institute for Professional Learning
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell (highest possible rating)
- Best Lawyers In America, Best Lawyers (2020-2023)
- Elijah Watts Sell Award – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Super Lawyer – Super Lawyers magazine (2006-2023)
- Gold Key Award – Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (Awarded for highest CPA exam score in the state of Georgia)