Amit B. Patel
Location:3490 Piedmont Road, NE Suite 1400
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
Amit B. Patel
Amit is an associate in the firm’s technology and corporate and transactional practice groups. Amit’s practice focuses on providing strategic business and legal counsel to businesses of all sizes, from startups to multinational corporations and their founders, investors, and boards of directors across a broad spectrum of areas ranging from private equity, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial transactional matters.
Throughout his career, Amit has successfully handled a wide range of transactional matters, including complex domestic and international transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, joint ventures, and commercial agreements on his client’s behalf. His meticulous attention to detail, combined with his strategic thinking and business acumen, has earned him a reputation for providing practical and innovative legal solutions.
Amit takes a client-centric approach to legal representation. He listens attentively to clients’ goals and concerns, crafting tailored strategies that align with their objectives. He is dedicated to building strong client relationships based on trust, transparency, and open communication. By understanding his clients’ goals and objectives, Amit provides strategic advice that aligns with their business objectives while minimizing legal risks. His ability to provide strategic guidance while remaining cognizant of the ever-changing legal landscape ensures that clients receive the highest level of representation.
- L.L.M., University of Florida, Taxation
- J.D., Mercer University
- B.A., University of Georgia, Economics
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Exit Planning Exchange
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Erin’s Hope for Friends (Board Member)
- Served as outside general counsel for a fortune 1000 company by providing strategic business and legal counsel and helped position the company as an industry leader in digital marketing.
- Successfully negotiated SaaS agreements on behalf of the company valuing nearly $25M in annual recurring revenue.
- Served as outside general counsel for an emerging growth company by providing strategic business and legal counsel and helped position the company as an industry leader in the digital advertising marketplace.
- Standardized the company’s business practices by drafting all of the company’s agreements ranging from SaaS agreements, professional services agreements, as well as agreements relating to the company’s intellectual property ownership.
- Drafted and negotiated the company’s governance and venture financing documentation thereby helping facilitate a raise of approximately $1.5M in working capital which the company used to complete its mobile application.
- Represented privately held physicians’ group in connection with the reorganization of overarching business enterprise:
- Served as the organizations outside general counsel by providing strategic business and legal counsel across a broad spectrum of areas including business and finance, intellectual property, labor and employment, tax, and health care.
- Represented buyer in a strategic transaction for its acquisition of a complementary software development company, approximately $4.0M in value.
- Represented seller in a roll up transaction for its acquisition by a strategic buyer in the healthcare industry, approximately $2.5M in value.
- Represented a private equity group in its of multi-family real estate properties, approximately $1.5M in value:
- Represented a veterinarian private equity group in its Series A raise, approximately $3.0M in value: