Professional Memberships and Affiliations
– Adjunct Professor, Emory University School of Law Kessler-Eidson Trial and Techniques Program
– Atlanta Bar Association (Litigation Section)
– Business Council of Georgia (Representative)
– ESI Roundtable
– Fulton County Superior Court (Arbitrator)
– Million Dollar Trial Lawyer
– State Bar of Georgia (Litigation Section)
Presentations and Publications
– Co-Author, Georgia Business Litigation, ALM, 2013-2020
– Speaker, LLC and Partnership Disputes, Business Law Institute, 2019
– Panelist, Attorney Client Privilege Pitfalls for In-House Counsel, Atlanta Bar Association-Corporate Counsel Section, 2019
– Speaker, Preserving ESI and your Sanity: Best Practices in E-Discovery, ICLE, 2018
– Panelist, E-Discovery Information Loss and Privacy, Association of Corporate Counsel
– Panelist, Decade of Discovery, Emory University School of Law
– Speaker, Electronically Stored Information, ESI Roundtable Atlanta, 2015
– Co-Author, Discovery Under the Georgia Civil Practice Act, ICLE, 1984
– Author, Practical Guide to Georgia Discovery, ICLE, 1986
– Author, The New Business Case Division: Fulton County’s Million Dollar Court, Atlanta Lawyer Magazine, 2006
– Supreme Court of Georgia Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism, 1991 & 1993
– Representative Seminar Topics; Business Divorces, Damages in Commercial Litigation, E-Discovery Amendments to Federal Rules, E-Discovery Information Loss and Privacy, Restrictive Covenants, Trial Techniques
Awards and Honors
– AV Rated – Martindale-Hubbell (highest possible rating)
– AV Preeminent – Martindale-Hubbell Judicial Edition (highest rating by the Bar and Judiciary)
– 10 Rated – AVVO (highest possible rating)
– Georgia Super Lawyer – Super Lawyers magazine, 2004-2019
– Legal Elite – Georgia Trend magazine, 2007-2009, 2012 & 2013
– Profiled in Atlanta Lawyer Magazine, 2006
– Corporate action to remove one of three original owners for misfeasance in insurance services company.
– Defended claims from minority owner against the corporation, a closely held entertainment complex.
– Defended national children’s toy company in trademark litigation.
– Defended limousine company against trade name claims of a national company.
– Infringement damages arising from deceptive confusing trade name.
– Litigation arising from the right to exercise control over inherited shares of a closely held business.
– Prosecuted claims for commissions arising out of wrongful termination of distributorship agreement in a heavy equipment manufacturing distribution company.
– Prosecuted claims for a theft of trade secrets and fiduciary duties of an officer setting up a competing business.
– Prosecuted claims for damages arising from termination of a retail services contract.
– Recovered damages for failure to preform national staffing contract.
– Represented law firm partners in several cases to establish new practice.
– Represented physician to recover money owed from physician partner and to avoid restrictive covenants in medical services agreement.
– Represented international diversified talent agency in competitive dispute regarding employee mobility.
– Represented co-owners of a financing company prosecuting claims against other co-owner for usurping business opportunity and unfair competition.
– Represented national pest control company in case to enforce non-competition agreement against acquired business seller.
– Represented seller to overturn fraudulent appraisal in a commercial real estate transaction.
– Represented co-owner of a family held manufacturer and distribution business arguing over control and succession.
– Represented national franchiser bringing suit against certain franchises for failure to honor marketing agreement.
– Represented business owner in suit to recover payment in a seller finance sale of textile services business and successfully defended claims of the buyer.
– Represented Health Care Executive terminated by Hospital Authority.
– Re-established control of software company from management team.
– Suit to collect money owed for the sale of a grocery store and defeated personal tort allegations by the buyer.