I AM BLIND OR CAN’T SEE VERY WELL
If you have trouble seeing web pages, check out some of our tips for optimizing your computer and browser to improve your online experience.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to navigate screens (link is external)
- Change text size to suit your needs: hold down the Ctrl key (Command key on a Mac) and press the + (plus) key to increase text size or – (minus) key to reduce text size.
- Magnify your screen (Windows) (link is external)
- Change Zoom options (Mac) (link is external)
- Make your mouse pointer more visible and other mouse settings (Windows) (link is external)
- Find your mouse pointer by shaking it (Mac) (Link is external)
I FIND A KEYBOARD OR MOUSE HARD TO USE
If you find a keyboard or mouse difficult to use, speech recognition software may help you navigate web pages and online services. This software allows the user to move focus around a web page or application screen through voice controls.
For tips on navigating a website with a keyboard only, check out this guide (link is external)
I AM DEAF OR HARD OF HEARING
Learn how to turn captioning on and off in YouTube (link is external).
Your computer, tablet, or mobile device has volume control features. Each video and audio service has its own additional volume controls. Try adjusting both your device’s volume controls and your media players’ volume controls to optimize your listening experience.